+ Technical specification
+ System of production of the fulfilled gases
+ Cooling system
+ Fuel tank and fuel pump
+ Air filter and airintaking channels
+ System of injection
+ Transmission and transmission
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Brake system
+ Anti-blocking system of brakes
- Wheels and tires
Wide tires and wheels
Check of pressure in tires
Control of a condition of tires
Replacement of a wheel
Control of an inhaling of wheel bolts
Balancing of wheels
Purchase of new tires
+ Body electrical system
+ System of ignition
+ Signalling devices
+ Devices and auxiliary devices
+ Heating and ventilation
+ body Elements
+ Search of malfunctions
Control of a condition of tires
It is best of all to make similar control at the lifted car, for example when replacing oil at gas station.
- Completely turn each wheel.
- You can take away alien bodies like small stones from protector profile cuts by means of a narrow screw-driver, without having damaged thus the tire.
- According to instructions, since 1992 depth of a profile of tires has to make on all width at least 1,6 mm.
- For safety reasons you should change tires already at wear to 3 mm because wide tires Audi 80 "float" on a wet road surfacing earlier, than narrower tires of old automodels.
- For control of wear the eminences in protector drawing flutes passing through regular intervals perpendicularly to a protector racetrack serve. They are designated on a tire sidewall by the letters "TWI" (tread wear indicator – an indicator of wear of a profile).
- If these eminences are flush with profile drawing flutes, so the residual profile makes 1,6 mm and the tire it is necessary to change immediately.
- By the form wear of a profile you can understand a lot of things, the description in the following section.
Picture of wear of the tire
- Forward tires, more worn-out on outer side, are not something unusual in Audi 80. The raised loading of this area of a racetrack is the reason when passing turns.
- Unilaterally worn-out tires, however, can indicate and the wrong adjustment of corners of installation of wheels, especially if only one tire is worn-out thus.
- Strong wear in the middle of the tire indicates the overestimated pressure. This effect is swept especially up on back wheels. Or you go by the high speed because of what the racetrack is rounded much.
- If on both outer sides of the tire the profile is worn-out more strongly, than in the middle, so air pressure in tires was a long time too low.
- Uneven, spots, wear of a profile of the tire indicates the defective shock-absorber.
- If uneven wear appears only on certain places, so the wheel is not balanced or the tire framework is damaged.
- The one and only place with strong wear of a profile was formed as a result of braking with the blocked wheel, so-called "a brake mark" (only at the models which are not equipped with ABS).
Help: if it is necessary to remove the serviceable, balanced on the car wheel – for example, for control of a condition of brakes, before it it should be noted the provision of a nave of a wheel. Otherwise after repeated installation of a wheel balancing will be wrong.