+ Technical specification
+ System of production of the fulfilled gases
+ Cooling system
+ Fuel tank and fuel pump
- Air filter and airintaking channels
Removal of a replaceable element of the air filter
Purge of a replaceable element of the air filter
Replacement of a replaceable element of the air filter
Heating of inlet air
Heating of an inlet collector
Inlet collector with a changeable length of a path
+ System of injection
+ Transmission and transmission
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Brake system
+ Anti-blocking system of brakes
+ Wheels and tires
+ Body electrical system
+ System of ignition
+ Signalling devices
+ Devices and auxiliary devices
+ Heating and ventilation
+ body Elements
+ Search of malfunctions
Inlet collector with a changeable length of a path
Fixing bolts of an inlet collector of 2,6-liter and 2,8-liter 6-cylinder engines have to be tightened in the specified sequence. Only this way it is possible to prevent a distortion of an inlet collector at installation.
At the left: gates of an inlet collector with a changeable length of a path of the 2,8-liter 6-cylinder engine are given by means of the membrane mechanism noted by an arrow.
On the right: "the valve for switching of a consecutive inlet collector" (shooter) defines this, whether the rarefied air on the membrane mechanism can get. The valve is located on the right behind in a motor compartment at an air flowmeter.
Models with the 2,8-liter 6-cylinder engine
The long inlet collector of small diameter provides a high torque already with a low frequency of rotation. The short inlet collector with big cross section, on the contrary, is necessary for high engine capacity with a high frequency of rotation of its shaft.
To combine one with another, engineers of Audi developed a new inlet collector with a changeable length of a path. Depending on operating modes at it six gates are closed and open inside. Thereby the inlet collector of different length and different cross section is provided for each cylinder: or an inlet collector for a torque (a long pipe with a small diameter), or power an inlet collector (a short pipe with big cross section). All six gates are put in action by depression and copes depending on rotation frequency: to 4000 rpm they remain closed for achievement of a high torque. Over 4000 rpm they completely open for achievement of high power. Lower than 4000 rpm by means of an inlet collector of a torque in comparison with a power inlet collector are won to 30 N • by m.
The 2,8-liter engine develops the maximum torque of 245 N • m at 3000 rpm with a condition of use of AI-95 gasoline; with application of AI-98 its torque raises to 250 N • m. In the wide range from 2000 rpm to 5500 rpm the torque of at least 220 N • m develops.
Check of action of an inlet collector
Switching of an inlet collector should be checked only in case the car does not develop the necessary power. For a start it is necessary to check manually a legkokhodnost of system of drafts and levers. Then turn of test for action: it is necessary to check at the heated-up engine.
- To start the engine and to finish rotation frequency to exceeding 4000 rpm.
- To watch the membrane mechanism of switching of an inlet collector:
Draft of the drive has to depart now back.
- If it not so, it is necessary to check vacuum hoses for tightness. If they as it should be:
- To check the membrane mechanism: to put on a spare vacuum hose connection of the mechanism, strong to involve a mouth.
- If draft does not move and/or a lot of air is so involved, the membrane mechanism is faulty. To replace. If mechanism as it should be:
- To check the valve of switching of an inlet collector with a changeable length of a path: to remove both vacuum hoses from the valve. To put on a spare vacuum hose a tip to an inlet tube of the valve.
- Strongly to involve a mouth air from a spare vacuum hose. Retraction of air has to be impossible (impassability).
- To start the engine, to finish rotation frequency to much exceeding 4000 rpm.
- Again strongly to involve air a mouth. Now retraction of air has to be possible (passability).
- If still you could not find where malfunction (that in itself is rather improbable) disappears, the workshop has to be engaged in check of management.
- To remove protection of the engine.
Removal of an inlet collector 2,8 - the 6-cylinder engine
- To remove tips of spark plugs, to take out high-voltage wires from holders.
- To remove a distributive fuel-supply line together with all vpryskny nozzles (the head System of injection of MPI/MPFI).
- To remove an inlet air sleeve.
- To remove the valve of stabilization of idling or to disconnect the plug.
- To remove all vacuum hoses / hoses of system of ventilation of the case of a case on an inlet collector and the case of throttle knot.
- To remove a rope of "gas" and the plug of a potentiometer of a butterfly valve.
- To turn off bolts in the sequence opposite to that that it is shown in drawing above.
- To remove an inlet collector together with the case of throttle knot.
- Installation: to replace sealing laying.
- To tighten fixing bolts of an inlet collector according to specified in drawing at the top of sequence for four stages: First stage: 5 N • m, second stage: 10 N • m, third stage: 20 N • m, fourth stage: once again 20 N • m.
Removal of an inlet collector 2,6 - the 6-cylinder engine
- Logically removal happens to identically similar process at the 2,8-liter engine.
- For sequence of an inhaling of fixing bolts it is necessary to use the same, as at the 2,8-liter engine.